Nestled below Kelston Clump on the Cotswold Way, the Old Barn is a secure peaceful space with access to walks, nature, and extraordinary views (see photos).
It’s a quiet rural location suited to celebration, reflection, creative and artistic purposes. Internal floor space is 132m², and courtyard 360m² (see floorplan).
If you want to get married on a working farm – wear wellies and #leavenotrace – then the Old Barn might be right for you. Set on 160-acres of grazing meadows above Kelston village, it feeds cows that produce some of Britain’s champion cheeses. For more on weddings, click here…
Private functions and parties
The Old Barn works well for special birthdays anniversaries and gatherings of up to 120, with an uncluttered main open space, domestic kitchen, loos and “green room” indoors, and a large courtyard and the great outdoors outside.
For more on private function or party hire, click here…
Company awaydays & workshops
The Old Barn is used to very good effect by small businesses, NGOs, schools and church groups for awaydays. It’s a quiet, private space for intense reflection and focus which inspires creativity and teamwork.
For more on awaydays or workshops, click here…
The landscape surrounding the Old Barn provides a strong sense of peace and tranquility, which is appropriate for reflection and celebration of life.
For more on wakes and remembrance events, click here…
We get regular requests from groups such as schools, scouts, or community groups which want to use the Old Barn but find the standard cost prohibitive. We ensure each year that we offer some concessionary rates for hiring the Old Barn. This is made possible because private hirers businesses, public service bodies and and adequately funded charities hire at our standard rates. Please contact us for further details.
Parking options are:
- Park outside the new barn (50 yards off the main road) and walk up the hill.
- To make a delivery or if you have a mobility-impaired passenger, drive the quarter-mile up the farm track that runs to the left of the new barn.
- For prearranged events there can be parking arranged just below the Old Barn.*
* Single-file parking is available on the unploughed grass strip running the entire length (right-hand side) on the the approach track up to the Old Barn, just before the final gate. From here it is only a few minutes’ walk up to the venue at most. If necessary, there is also limited hard standing for three cars just off the track to the left of the barn.
- There are no mains utility services at the Old Barn. There is a borehole for fresh water, and a diesel generator providing a 9kVA electricity supply.
- All rubbish must be taken off site as there is no council collection service.
- Countryside code applies
- Take all litter home #LeaveNoTrace
- No fires or camping unless prior permission granted
- Dogs not admitted (except guide dogs)
- No horses or bicycles