Nestled below Kelston Clump on the Cotswold Way, the Old Barn offers a secure peaceful space with access to walks, nature, and extraordinary views (see photos).
It’s a quiet rural location suited to celebration, reflection, and to creative and artistic purposes.
Internal floor space is 132 sq m. Courtyard area is 360 sq m approx. (see floorplan).
The Old Barn is an idyllic rustic wedding venue, set on a 160-acre working organic farm. Situated in Kelston village, the venue offers private use for wedding hire. Accompanied by a large courtyard, the Old Barn is set in rural scenery which provides stunning backdrops for wedding photography. For more on weddings, click here…
Whether it’s a special birthday, anniversary or simply an opportunity to gather friends and family, the Old Barn provides an unusual and memorable venue.
For more on private function or party hire, click here…
Company Away-Days & Workshops
Step out of a conventional venue, and enter a space that will help inspire creativity and teamwork.
For more on away-days or workshops, click here…
The landscape surrounding the Old Barn provides a strong sense of peace and tranquility, which is appropriate for reflection and celebration of life.
For more on wakes and remembrance events, click here…
Where possible, we like to help suitable groups – such as schools, scouts, NGOs, charities – which want to use the Old Barn but find the standard cost prohibitive.
We therefore offer limited availability of concessionary rates per year for hiring the Old Barn. Please contact us for further details.
The barn is off-grid. It is not a postal address. The nearest post code is BA1 9AF.
The Old Barn is approximately 20 minutes’ taxi drive from Bath Spa station.
From Bath: turn right off the A431 just before the village of Kelston, on the second of two farm tracks;
From Bristol: turn left off A431 just as you leave Kelston, on the first of two farm tracks.
There’s a wooden sign saying “Old Barn” facing in each direction.
Parking options are:
- Park outside the new barn (50 yards off the main road) and walk up the hill.
- To make a delivery or if you have a mobility-impaired passenger, drive the quarter-mile up the farm track that runs to the left of the new barn.
- For prearranged events there can be parking arranged just below the Old Barn.*
* Single-file parking is available on the unploughed grass strip running the entire length (right-hand side) on the the approach track up to the Old Barn, just before the final gate. From here it is only a few minutes’ walk up to the venue at most. If necessary, there is also limited hard standing for three cars just off the track to the left of the barn.
- There are no mains utility services at the Old Barn. There is a borehole for fresh water, and a diesel generator providing a 9kVA electricity supply.
- All rubbish must be taken off site as there is no council collection service.
- Countryside code applies
- Please take litter home
- No fires or camping unless prior permission granted
- Dogs MUST be on leads at all times (owing to livestock) and owners must clean up any waste
- No horses or bicycles
Contact The Old Barn