Claire Turnham, founder of OWL (“Only with love”) Family-Led Home Funerals, is offering a one-day workshop at Kelston Old Barn for individuals, health professionals and community groups who wish to offer support to families around the time of death. Claire will:
- share her personal & professional experiences as a death carer & educator, home funeral guide and independent funeral celebrant;
- discuss the possibilities that are available to families who wish to care for their loved ones either in hospices or at home;
- demonstrate how to prepare the body of a loved one naturally for burial and cremation and how to dress the body in a shroud;
- facilitate an open forum on the ways in which we can change death care, both individually and as communities, to better honour the person who has died and their surviving loved ones.
Kelston Barn at dusk August Bank Holiday Monday 2017: photo by Paul Clarke
Claire is the UK-based Founder of Only with Love and Chair of the Home Funeral Network, dedicated to empowering and guiding families to tenderly take care of their own. Claire is recognised internationally as a leading Home Funeral Guide, Advocate, Celebrant and Natural Death Carer & Educator.
FEES & BOOKING:
- £95.00/person, payable on booking. Includes tea/coffee & refreshments. Contributions to a shared lunch welcome.
- 24 places only (two at concessionary price for low-income applicants).
- To book email Tessa Strickland: email@example.com